Jan 6, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
It feels like we wrote this exact same post a couple of weeks ago, but whatever — as Roberto Luongo deals with an injury and speculation flies about his health status for the upcoming Olympics, the Vancouver Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the AHL’s Utica Comets.
For the time being, Eriksson will back up Luongo’s back-up, Eddie Lack.
What’s the latest on Luongo’s ankle injury? Here’s TSN’s James Duthie:
So that sounds like good news, relatively speaking.
Winless in their last four, the Canucks will host the Penguins Tuesday and the Blues Friday before heading back to SoCal for a couple of games versus the Kings and Ducks, both of whom beat Vancouver this past weekend.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 11
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)