Jan 6, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
It feels like we wrote this exact same post a couple of weeks ago, but whatever — as Roberto Luongo deals with an injury and speculation flies about his health status for the upcoming Olympics, the Vancouver Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the AHL’s Utica Comets.
For the time being, Eriksson will back up Luongo’s back-up, Eddie Lack.
What’s the latest on Luongo’s ankle injury? Here’s TSN’s James Duthie:
So that sounds like good news, relatively speaking.
Winless in their last four, the Canucks will host the Penguins Tuesday and the Blues Friday before heading back to SoCal for a couple of games versus the Kings and Ducks, both of whom beat Vancouver this past weekend.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)