Jan 6, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
It feels like we wrote this exact same post a couple of weeks ago, but whatever — as Roberto Luongo deals with an injury and speculation flies about his health status for the upcoming Olympics, the Vancouver Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the AHL’s Utica Comets.
For the time being, Eriksson will back up Luongo’s back-up, Eddie Lack.
What’s the latest on Luongo’s ankle injury? Here’s TSN’s James Duthie:
So that sounds like good news, relatively speaking.
Winless in their last four, the Canucks will host the Penguins Tuesday and the Blues Friday before heading back to SoCal for a couple of games versus the Kings and Ducks, both of whom beat Vancouver this past weekend.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 15
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 43
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)