Jan 6, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
It feels like we wrote this exact same post a couple of weeks ago, but whatever — as Roberto Luongo deals with an injury and speculation flies about his health status for the upcoming Olympics, the Vancouver Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the AHL’s Utica Comets.
For the time being, Eriksson will back up Luongo’s back-up, Eddie Lack.
What’s the latest on Luongo’s ankle injury? Here’s TSN’s James Duthie:
So that sounds like good news, relatively speaking.
Winless in their last four, the Canucks will host the Penguins Tuesday and the Blues Friday before heading back to SoCal for a couple of games versus the Kings and Ducks, both of whom beat Vancouver this past weekend.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)