Jan 6, 2014, 5:38 PM EST
Injured Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop (upper body) could return to action as soon as Thursday versus the Capitals, according to Lightning beat reporter Missy Zielinski.
In the meantime, the club has called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse.
Tampa Bay is in Winnipeg to play the Jets tomorrow. Expect Anders Lindback to get the call for that one (though given the way he’s played this season, maybe head coach Jon Cooper should give Desjardins a shot.)
Bishop has been outstanding for the Bolts this season, posting a 22-5-3 record with a .935 save percentage. No question he’s in the running for the Vezina Trophy, even if he didn’t have the career body of work to earn an invite to represent the United States at the Olympics.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)