Jan 6, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Injured Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop (upper body) could return to action as soon as Thursday versus the Capitals, according to Lightning beat reporter Missy Zielinski.
In the meantime, the club has called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse.
Tampa Bay is in Winnipeg to play the Jets tomorrow. Expect Anders Lindback to get the call for that one (though given the way he’s played this season, maybe head coach Jon Cooper should give Desjardins a shot.)
Bishop has been outstanding for the Bolts this season, posting a 22-5-3 record with a .935 save percentage. No question he’s in the running for the Vezina Trophy, even if he didn’t have the career body of work to earn an invite to represent the United States at the Olympics.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7