Jan 6, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Injured Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop (upper body) could return to action as soon as Thursday versus the Capitals, according to Lightning beat reporter Missy Zielinski.
In the meantime, the club has called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse.
Tampa Bay is in Winnipeg to play the Jets tomorrow. Expect Anders Lindback to get the call for that one (though given the way he’s played this season, maybe head coach Jon Cooper should give Desjardins a shot.)
Bishop has been outstanding for the Bolts this season, posting a 22-5-3 record with a .935 save percentage. No question he’s in the running for the Vezina Trophy, even if he didn’t have the career body of work to earn an invite to represent the United States at the Olympics.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 53
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (53)