Jan 6, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Injured Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop (upper body) could return to action as soon as Thursday versus the Capitals, according to Lightning beat reporter Missy Zielinski.
In the meantime, the club has called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse.
Tampa Bay is in Winnipeg to play the Jets tomorrow. Expect Anders Lindback to get the call for that one (though given the way he’s played this season, maybe head coach Jon Cooper should give Desjardins a shot.)
Bishop has been outstanding for the Bolts this season, posting a 22-5-3 record with a .935 save percentage. No question he’s in the running for the Vezina Trophy, even if he didn’t have the career body of work to earn an invite to represent the United States at the Olympics.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)