Jan 6, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Injured Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop (upper body) could return to action as soon as Thursday versus the Capitals, according to Lightning beat reporter Missy Zielinski.
In the meantime, the club has called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse.
Tampa Bay is in Winnipeg to play the Jets tomorrow. Expect Anders Lindback to get the call for that one (though given the way he’s played this season, maybe head coach Jon Cooper should give Desjardins a shot.)
Bishop has been outstanding for the Bolts this season, posting a 22-5-3 record with a .935 save percentage. No question he’s in the running for the Vezina Trophy, even if he didn’t have the career body of work to earn an invite to represent the United States at the Olympics.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)