Jan 6, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Nabokov left Monday’s game against the Dallas Stars after making a save in the opening period. As per the Islanders, he sustained a lower-body injury.
It hasn’t been disclosed whether that injury is a groin ailment, which forced Nabokov onto IR earlier in the season, forcing him to miss 11 games as a result. Before the Islanders made the roster announcement, Dan Rosen of NHL.com reported that the team’s head coach, Jack Capuano, did not know if Nabokov would be traveling with the team to Toronto.
The Islanders, despite goalie Kevin Poulin coming off the bench cold and falling behind Dallas by two goals, fought back for a 7-3 victory, thanks in large to the hat trick of John Tavares, who finished with a five-point night.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)