Jan 6, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Nabokov left Monday’s game against the Dallas Stars after making a save in the opening period. As per the Islanders, he sustained a lower-body injury.
It hasn’t been disclosed whether that injury is a groin ailment, which forced Nabokov onto IR earlier in the season, forcing him to miss 11 games as a result. Before the Islanders made the roster announcement, Dan Rosen of NHL.com reported that the team’s head coach, Jack Capuano, did not know if Nabokov would be traveling with the team to Toronto.
The Islanders, despite goalie Kevin Poulin coming off the bench cold and falling behind Dallas by two goals, fought back for a 7-3 victory, thanks in large to the hat trick of John Tavares, who finished with a five-point night.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)