Jan 6, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Nabokov left Monday’s game against the Dallas Stars after making a save in the opening period. As per the Islanders, he sustained a lower-body injury.
It hasn’t been disclosed whether that injury is a groin ailment, which forced Nabokov onto IR earlier in the season, forcing him to miss 11 games as a result. Before the Islanders made the roster announcement, Dan Rosen of NHL.com reported that the team’s head coach, Jack Capuano, did not know if Nabokov would be traveling with the team to Toronto.
The Islanders, despite goalie Kevin Poulin coming off the bench cold and falling behind Dallas by two goals, fought back for a 7-3 victory, thanks in large to the hat trick of John Tavares, who finished with a five-point night.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27