Jan 6, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Nabokov left Monday’s game against the Dallas Stars after making a save in the opening period. As per the Islanders, he sustained a lower-body injury.
It hasn’t been disclosed whether that injury is a groin ailment, which forced Nabokov onto IR earlier in the season, forcing him to miss 11 games as a result. Before the Islanders made the roster announcement, Dan Rosen of NHL.com reported that the team’s head coach, Jack Capuano, did not know if Nabokov would be traveling with the team to Toronto.
The Islanders, despite goalie Kevin Poulin coming off the bench cold and falling behind Dallas by two goals, fought back for a 7-3 victory, thanks in large to the hat trick of John Tavares, who finished with a five-point night.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 21
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)