Jan 6, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Nabokov left Monday’s game against the Dallas Stars after making a save in the opening period. As per the Islanders, he sustained a lower-body injury.
It hasn’t been disclosed whether that injury is a groin ailment, which forced Nabokov onto IR earlier in the season, forcing him to miss 11 games as a result. Before the Islanders made the roster announcement, Dan Rosen of NHL.com reported that the team’s head coach, Jack Capuano, did not know if Nabokov would be traveling with the team to Toronto.
The Islanders, despite goalie Kevin Poulin coming off the bench cold and falling behind Dallas by two goals, fought back for a 7-3 victory, thanks in large to the hat trick of John Tavares, who finished with a five-point night.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25