Jan 6, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
In making its ruling, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety determined that Myers “unnecessarily extends upward and launches himself into Zubrus’ head, making it the main point of contact.”
While Zubrus did not suffer a serious injury on the play, the league did note that Myers has been suspended before (for boarding, in March of 2012).
Per the CBA, Myers will forfeit $84,615.39.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 104
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 53
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63