Jan 6, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
In making its ruling, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety determined that Myers “unnecessarily extends upward and launches himself into Zubrus’ head, making it the main point of contact.”
While Zubrus did not suffer a serious injury on the play, the league did note that Myers has been suspended before (for boarding, in March of 2012).
Per the CBA, Myers will forfeit $84,615.39.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32