Jan 6, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
In making its ruling, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety determined that Myers “unnecessarily extends upward and launches himself into Zubrus’ head, making it the main point of contact.”
While Zubrus did not suffer a serious injury on the play, the league did note that Myers has been suspended before (for boarding, in March of 2012).
Per the CBA, Myers will forfeit $84,615.39.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6