Jan 6, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
In making its ruling, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety determined that Myers “unnecessarily extends upward and launches himself into Zubrus’ head, making it the main point of contact.”
While Zubrus did not suffer a serious injury on the play, the league did note that Myers has been suspended before (for boarding, in March of 2012).
Per the CBA, Myers will forfeit $84,615.39.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54