Jan 6, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been making due without a couple of key defensemen of late. Tonight they may be a bit closer to getting back to full strength.
“I think we could see both of them,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. “Dales is having a real good day. We’ll get him in the morning skate tomorrow and see where he is at. Sergei for sure and Dales is a possibility.”
Gonchar has missed six games with concussion-like symptoms and Daley has been out for 14 games with an ankle injury. Both players are part of the Stars’ top-four on the blue line and with the team dropping three of their last four, they could use the help on the back end.
The Stars have given up 16 goals in the last four games. Tightening things up on defense could be what they need to get back on the right side of things.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)