Jan 6, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been making due without a couple of key defensemen of late. Tonight they may be a bit closer to getting back to full strength.
“I think we could see both of them,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. “Dales is having a real good day. We’ll get him in the morning skate tomorrow and see where he is at. Sergei for sure and Dales is a possibility.”
Gonchar has missed six games with concussion-like symptoms and Daley has been out for 14 games with an ankle injury. Both players are part of the Stars’ top-four on the blue line and with the team dropping three of their last four, they could use the help on the back end.
The Stars have given up 16 goals in the last four games. Tightening things up on defense could be what they need to get back on the right side of things.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)