Jan 6, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been making due without a couple of key defensemen of late. Tonight they may be a bit closer to getting back to full strength.
“I think we could see both of them,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. “Dales is having a real good day. We’ll get him in the morning skate tomorrow and see where he is at. Sergei for sure and Dales is a possibility.”
Gonchar has missed six games with concussion-like symptoms and Daley has been out for 14 games with an ankle injury. Both players are part of the Stars’ top-four on the blue line and with the team dropping three of their last four, they could use the help on the back end.
The Stars have given up 16 goals in the last four games. Tightening things up on defense could be what they need to get back on the right side of things.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 42
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 33
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22