Jan 6, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been making due without a couple of key defensemen of late. Tonight they may be a bit closer to getting back to full strength.
“I think we could see both of them,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. “Dales is having a real good day. We’ll get him in the morning skate tomorrow and see where he is at. Sergei for sure and Dales is a possibility.”
Gonchar has missed six games with concussion-like symptoms and Daley has been out for 14 games with an ankle injury. Both players are part of the Stars’ top-four on the blue line and with the team dropping three of their last four, they could use the help on the back end.
The Stars have given up 16 goals in the last four games. Tightening things up on defense could be what they need to get back on the right side of things.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 16
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)