Jan 6, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
After missing extensive time to a groin injury, Sergei Bobrovsky will make his first start since Dec. 3 tonight in New York, against the Rangers.
Prior to getting hurt, Bobrovsky had relatively mediocre numbers — 10-11-2 with a 2.72 GAA and .909 save percentage — but the Jackets will look for him to solidify the goaltending position after Curtis McElhinney allowed far too many goals in recent games. In their last three losses, the Blue Jackets were scored on 16 times.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8