Jan 6, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
After missing extensive time to a groin injury, Sergei Bobrovsky will make his first start since Dec. 3 tonight in New York, against the Rangers.
Prior to getting hurt, Bobrovsky had relatively mediocre numbers — 10-11-2 with a 2.72 GAA and .909 save percentage — but the Jackets will look for him to solidify the goaltending position after Curtis McElhinney allowed far too many goals in recent games. In their last three losses, the Blue Jackets were scored on 16 times.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39