Jan 5, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
From the Carolina Hurricanes’ perspective, Jeff Skinner‘s game-winning goal was an example of resilience, as the young forward shook off a puck to the face. On the other hand, the Nashville Predators might see it as a disaster.
“You have to save those. That wasn’t much of a shot at all,” Trotz said. “That’s not good enough for this league. He wasn’t strong at all.”
Here’s the goal in question:
To be fair to Hutton, he only allowed one other tally on Sunday, as the Carolina Hurricanes won 2-1.
Hutton, 28, came into the 2013-14 season with exactly one game of NHL experience (when the Chicago Blackhawks sent out their replacements against the St. Louis Blues). He fell to 7-7-2 on the season with mediocre individual numbers (.902 save percentage and 3.01 GAA).
“He’s like the Mastercard commercial, priceless,” Poile said. “We have two young goalies who have played well. Every night, you go through the situations [and ask yourself], ‘Would Pekka have stopped that?’ We don’t play the same without him.”
Would this be an awkward time to mention that Poile had a chance to sign Anton Khudobin, the undefeated Hurricanes backup who beat his Predators tonight, with Rinne’s offseason hip surgery in mind? Yeah, it might be.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 0
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 11
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)