Jan 5, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT
From the Carolina Hurricanes’ perspective, Jeff Skinner‘s game-winning goal was an example of resilience, as the young forward shook off a puck to the face. On the other hand, the Nashville Predators might see it as a disaster.
“You have to save those. That wasn’t much of a shot at all,” Trotz said. ”That’s not good enough for this league. He wasn’t strong at all.”
Here’s the goal in question:
To be fair to Hutton, he only allowed one other tally on Sunday, as the Carolina Hurricanes won 2-1.
Hutton, 28, came into the 2013-14 season with exactly one game of NHL experience (when the Chicago Blackhawks sent out their replacements against the St. Louis Blues). He fell to 7-7-2 on the season with mediocre individual numbers (.902 save percentage and 3.01 GAA).
“He’s like the Mastercard commercial, priceless,” Poile said. “We have two young goalies who have played well. Every night, you go through the situations [and ask yourself], ‘Would Pekka have stopped that?’ We don’t play the same without him.”
Would this be an awkward time to mention that Poile had a chance to sign Anton Khudobin, the undefeated Hurricanes backup who beat his Predators tonight, with Rinne’s offseason hip surgery in mind? Yeah, it might be.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 12
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)