Jan 5, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Myers will have a phone hearing with the NHL because of his hit on Zubrus. Myers was given a two-minute minor on the play in the third period that led to the Devils’ only goal of the game. Zubrus later retaliated against Myers drawing a penalty of his own that led to Matt D’Agostini‘s game-winning power play goal.
After the game, Devils coach Pete DeBoer wondered why Myers’ penalty wasn’t a major. Zubrus didn’t like the play at all either.
Myers thought differently of the play.
“I felt like I got all shoulder,” Myers said to PHT after the game. “I’m not sure if I made contact with the head. I think if I did it was all shoulder and a result of me being so tall. It’s one of those big guy things and I don’t want it to take away from playing aggressive.”
For the record, Myers is 6’8″ while Zubrus is 6’5″.
Myers was suspended once in his career for boarding back in March 2012.
Here’s video of the play in case you missed it:
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39