Jan 5, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Myers will have a phone hearing with the NHL because of his hit on Zubrus. Myers was given a two-minute minor on the play in the third period that led to the Devils’ only goal of the game. Zubrus later retaliated against Myers drawing a penalty of his own that led to Matt D’Agostini‘s game-winning power play goal.
After the game, Devils coach Pete DeBoer wondered why Myers’ penalty wasn’t a major. Zubrus didn’t like the play at all either.
Myers thought differently of the play.
“I felt like I got all shoulder,” Myers said to PHT after the game. “I’m not sure if I made contact with the head. I think if I did it was all shoulder and a result of me being so tall. It’s one of those big guy things and I don’t want it to take away from playing aggressive.”
For the record, Myers is 6’8″ while Zubrus is 6’5″.
Myers was suspended once in his career for boarding back in March 2012.
Here’s video of the play in case you missed it:
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)