Jan 5, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Myers will have a phone hearing with the NHL because of his hit on Zubrus. Myers was given a two-minute minor on the play in the third period that led to the Devils’ only goal of the game. Zubrus later retaliated against Myers drawing a penalty of his own that led to Matt D’Agostini‘s game-winning power play goal.
After the game, Devils coach Pete DeBoer wondered why Myers’ penalty wasn’t a major. Zubrus didn’t like the play at all either.
Myers thought differently of the play.
“I felt like I got all shoulder,” Myers said to PHT after the game. “I’m not sure if I made contact with the head. I think if I did it was all shoulder and a result of me being so tall. It’s one of those big guy things and I don’t want it to take away from playing aggressive.”
For the record, Myers is 6’8″ while Zubrus is 6’5″.
Myers was suspended once in his career for boarding back in March 2012.
Here’s video of the play in case you missed it:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5