Jan 5, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
You can add Evgeni Malkin‘s name to the list of Pittsburgh Penguins returning to action this afternoon against Winnipeg.
Malkin missed nine games after he was injured in a crash into the boards against the Detroit Red Wings, a game after Kris Letang was put out of action with an elbow issue. With Letang rejoining the lineup today as well, the Penguins are getting back to full health rapidly.
The Penguins were already at the top of the Metropolitan Division as it was, but now that they’re getting key players, the rest of the Eastern Conference will have their hands full with a more robust Penguins lineup.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 20
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 13
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)