Jan 5, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
You can add Evgeni Malkin‘s name to the list of Pittsburgh Penguins returning to action this afternoon against Winnipeg.
Malkin missed nine games after he was injured in a crash into the boards against the Detroit Red Wings, a game after Kris Letang was put out of action with an elbow issue. With Letang rejoining the lineup today as well, the Penguins are getting back to full health rapidly.
The Penguins were already at the top of the Metropolitan Division as it was, but now that they’re getting key players, the rest of the Eastern Conference will have their hands full with a more robust Penguins lineup.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)