Jan 5, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
You can add Evgeni Malkin‘s name to the list of Pittsburgh Penguins returning to action this afternoon against Winnipeg.
Malkin missed nine games after he was injured in a crash into the boards against the Detroit Red Wings, a game after Kris Letang was put out of action with an elbow issue. With Letang rejoining the lineup today as well, the Penguins are getting back to full health rapidly.
The Penguins were already at the top of the Metropolitan Division as it was, but now that they’re getting key players, the rest of the Eastern Conference will have their hands full with a more robust Penguins lineup.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)