Jan 5, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
You can add Evgeni Malkin‘s name to the list of Pittsburgh Penguins returning to action this afternoon against Winnipeg.
Malkin missed nine games after he was injured in a crash into the boards against the Detroit Red Wings, a game after Kris Letang was put out of action with an elbow issue. With Letang rejoining the lineup today as well, the Penguins are getting back to full health rapidly.
The Penguins were already at the top of the Metropolitan Division as it was, but now that they’re getting key players, the rest of the Eastern Conference will have their hands full with a more robust Penguins lineup.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)