Jan 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo was impressive against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday (despite losing) in his return from injury, but Eddie Lack shouldn’t get too comfy on the bench. It turns out that Luongo won’t suit up against the Anaheim Ducks, as the Canucks were forced to sign goalie Rob Laurie, 43, to a PTO to back up Lack tonight.
“My foot got caught under me when he was accidentally running me over,” Luongo said. “Luckily this time the pain went away.”
Maybe not. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh unearthed an admittedly low-quality video of the collision:
To make matters worse, Team Canada’s roster announcements are expected to surface early this coming week. The severity of the injury is unclear at this time, but it seems like an unsettling setback for the veteran netminder.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5