Jan 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo was impressive against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday (despite losing) in his return from injury, but Eddie Lack shouldn’t get too comfy on the bench. It turns out that Luongo won’t suit up against the Anaheim Ducks, as the Canucks were forced to sign goalie Rob Laurie, 43, to a PTO to back up Lack tonight.
“My foot got caught under me when he was accidentally running me over,” Luongo said. “Luckily this time the pain went away.”
Maybe not. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh unearthed an admittedly low-quality video of the collision:
To make matters worse, Team Canada’s roster announcements are expected to surface early this coming week. The severity of the injury is unclear at this time, but it seems like an unsettling setback for the veteran netminder.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63