Jan 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
Roberto Luongo was impressive against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday (despite losing) in his return from injury, but Eddie Lack shouldn’t get too comfy on the bench. It turns out that Luongo won’t suit up against the Anaheim Ducks, as the Canucks were forced to sign goalie Rob Laurie, 43, to a PTO to back up Lack tonight.
“My foot got caught under me when he was accidentally running me over,” Luongo said. “Luckily this time the pain went away.”
Maybe not. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh unearthed an admittedly low-quality video of the collision:
To make matters worse, Team Canada’s roster announcements are expected to surface early this coming week. The severity of the injury is unclear at this time, but it seems like an unsettling setback for the veteran netminder.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24