Jan 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo was impressive against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday (despite losing) in his return from injury, but Eddie Lack shouldn’t get too comfy on the bench. It turns out that Luongo won’t suit up against the Anaheim Ducks, as the Canucks were forced to sign goalie Rob Laurie, 43, to a PTO to back up Lack tonight.
“My foot got caught under me when he was accidentally running me over,” Luongo said. “Luckily this time the pain went away.”
Maybe not. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh unearthed an admittedly low-quality video of the collision:
To make matters worse, Team Canada’s roster announcements are expected to surface early this coming week. The severity of the injury is unclear at this time, but it seems like an unsettling setback for the veteran netminder.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 9
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22