Jan 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo was impressive against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday (despite losing) in his return from injury, but Eddie Lack shouldn’t get too comfy on the bench. It turns out that Luongo won’t suit up against the Anaheim Ducks, as the Canucks were forced to sign goalie Rob Laurie, 43, to a PTO to back up Lack tonight.
“My foot got caught under me when he was accidentally running me over,” Luongo said. “Luckily this time the pain went away.”
Maybe not. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh unearthed an admittedly low-quality video of the collision:
To make matters worse, Team Canada’s roster announcements are expected to surface early this coming week. The severity of the injury is unclear at this time, but it seems like an unsettling setback for the veteran netminder.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17