Jan 5, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Anders Lindback didn’t do much to ease tensions if Bishop is injured, as the big goalie and the Bolts fell to the Edmonton Oilers 5-3 on Sunday.
It hasn’t even been a full week yet, but 2014 already isn’t treating Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop very nicely. Just days after missing out on an Olympic roster spot, Bishop appeared to hurt his right hand during Sunday’s game with the Edmonton Oilers.
It’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but various reports indicate that he’s undergoing X-rays.
The Tampa Bay Times’ Damian Cristodero wonders if this might be a recurring issue:
Not that it is related but perhaps worth recalling Bishop in late November took a shot off his blocker hand and had to leave a morning skate
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 6, 2014
PHT will update whenever more news becomes available.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)