Jan 5, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Anders Lindback didn’t do much to ease tensions if Bishop is injured, as the big goalie and the Bolts fell to the Edmonton Oilers 5-3 on Sunday.
It hasn’t even been a full week yet, but 2014 already isn’t treating Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop very nicely. Just days after missing out on an Olympic roster spot, Bishop appeared to hurt his right hand during Sunday’s game with the Edmonton Oilers.
It’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but various reports indicate that he’s undergoing X-rays.
The Tampa Bay Times’ Damian Cristodero wonders if this might be a recurring issue:
Not that it is related but perhaps worth recalling Bishop in late November took a shot off his blocker hand and had to leave a morning skate
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 6, 2014
PHT will update whenever more news becomes available.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)