Jan 5, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Anders Lindback didn’t do much to ease tensions if Bishop is injured, as the big goalie and the Bolts fell to the Edmonton Oilers 5-3 on Sunday.
It hasn’t even been a full week yet, but 2014 already isn’t treating Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop very nicely. Just days after missing out on an Olympic roster spot, Bishop appeared to hurt his right hand during Sunday’s game with the Edmonton Oilers.
It’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but various reports indicate that he’s undergoing X-rays.
The Tampa Bay Times’ Damian Cristodero wonders if this might be a recurring issue:
Not that it is related but perhaps worth recalling Bishop in late November took a shot off his blocker hand and had to leave a morning skate
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 6, 2014
PHT will update whenever more news becomes available.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 10
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)