Jan 5, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Anders Lindback didn’t do much to ease tensions if Bishop is injured, as the big goalie and the Bolts fell to the Edmonton Oilers 5-3 on Sunday.
It hasn’t even been a full week yet, but 2014 already isn’t treating Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop very nicely. Just days after missing out on an Olympic roster spot, Bishop appeared to hurt his right hand during Sunday’s game with the Edmonton Oilers.
It’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but various reports indicate that he’s undergoing X-rays.
The Tampa Bay Times’ Damian Cristodero wonders if this might be a recurring issue:
Not that it is related but perhaps worth recalling Bishop in late November took a shot off his blocker hand and had to leave a morning skate
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 6, 2014
PHT will update whenever more news becomes available.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54