Jan 5, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Anders Lindback didn’t do much to ease tensions if Bishop is injured, as the big goalie and the Bolts fell to the Edmonton Oilers 5-3 on Sunday.
It hasn’t even been a full week yet, but 2014 already isn’t treating Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop very nicely. Just days after missing out on an Olympic roster spot, Bishop appeared to hurt his right hand during Sunday’s game with the Edmonton Oilers.
It’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but various reports indicate that he’s undergoing X-rays.
The Tampa Bay Times’ Damian Cristodero wonders if this might be a recurring issue:
Not that it is related but perhaps worth recalling Bishop in late November took a shot off his blocker hand and had to leave a morning skate
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 6, 2014
PHT will update whenever more news becomes available.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)