Jan 4, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Minnesota’s six-game losing streak came to an end on Thursday with a 4-1 victory against the Buffalo Sabres. The Wild will face some significant challenges as they attempt to put some distance between them and that cold patch though.
Wild defenseman Jared Spurgeon played an important role in that win with a plus-three rating and a staggering 27:06 minutes of ice time. The 24-year-old also sustained a lower-body injury in the process and while he stayed in the game, he will be sidelined for a minimum of a few weeks, according to the StarTribune.
In addition to that, Minnesota will be without top goaltender Josh Harding when the Wild play the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Harding missed four straight games he adjusted his treatment for multiple sclerosis. He returned for two contests before returning to the sidelines on Thursday due to a sickness.
Wild coach Mike Yeo didn’t provide much of an update on Harding’s condition, except to say that he’s still not “feeling well” and remains “day-to-day.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)