Jan 4, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Minnesota’s six-game losing streak came to an end on Thursday with a 4-1 victory against the Buffalo Sabres. The Wild will face some significant challenges as they attempt to put some distance between them and that cold patch though.
Wild defenseman Jared Spurgeon played an important role in that win with a plus-three rating and a staggering 27:06 minutes of ice time. The 24-year-old also sustained a lower-body injury in the process and while he stayed in the game, he will be sidelined for a minimum of a few weeks, according to the StarTribune.
In addition to that, Minnesota will be without top goaltender Josh Harding when the Wild play the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Harding missed four straight games he adjusted his treatment for multiple sclerosis. He returned for two contests before returning to the sidelines on Thursday due to a sickness.
Wild coach Mike Yeo didn’t provide much of an update on Harding’s condition, except to say that he’s still not “feeling well” and remains “day-to-day.”
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)