Jan 4, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Minnesota’s six-game losing streak came to an end on Thursday with a 4-1 victory against the Buffalo Sabres. The Wild will face some significant challenges as they attempt to put some distance between them and that cold patch though.
Wild defenseman Jared Spurgeon played an important role in that win with a plus-three rating and a staggering 27:06 minutes of ice time. The 24-year-old also sustained a lower-body injury in the process and while he stayed in the game, he will be sidelined for a minimum of a few weeks, according to the StarTribune.
In addition to that, Minnesota will be without top goaltender Josh Harding when the Wild play the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Harding missed four straight games he adjusted his treatment for multiple sclerosis. He returned for two contests before returning to the sidelines on Thursday due to a sickness.
Wild coach Mike Yeo didn’t provide much of an update on Harding’s condition, except to say that he’s still not “feeling well” and remains “day-to-day.”
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 71
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)