Jan 4, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Minnesota’s six-game losing streak came to an end on Thursday with a 4-1 victory against the Buffalo Sabres. The Wild will face some significant challenges as they attempt to put some distance between them and that cold patch though.
Wild defenseman Jared Spurgeon played an important role in that win with a plus-three rating and a staggering 27:06 minutes of ice time. The 24-year-old also sustained a lower-body injury in the process and while he stayed in the game, he will be sidelined for a minimum of a few weeks, according to the StarTribune.
In addition to that, Minnesota will be without top goaltender Josh Harding when the Wild play the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Harding missed four straight games he adjusted his treatment for multiple sclerosis. He returned for two contests before returning to the sidelines on Thursday due to a sickness.
Wild coach Mike Yeo didn’t provide much of an update on Harding’s condition, except to say that he’s still not “feeling well” and remains “day-to-day.”
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 19
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 13
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)