Jan 4, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Minnesota’s six-game losing streak came to an end on Thursday with a 4-1 victory against the Buffalo Sabres. The Wild will face some significant challenges as they attempt to put some distance between them and that cold patch though.
Wild defenseman Jared Spurgeon played an important role in that win with a plus-three rating and a staggering 27:06 minutes of ice time. The 24-year-old also sustained a lower-body injury in the process and while he stayed in the game, he will be sidelined for a minimum of a few weeks, according to the StarTribune.
In addition to that, Minnesota will be without top goaltender Josh Harding when the Wild play the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Harding missed four straight games he adjusted his treatment for multiple sclerosis. He returned for two contests before returning to the sidelines on Thursday due to a sickness.
Wild coach Mike Yeo didn’t provide much of an update on Harding’s condition, except to say that he’s still not “feeling well” and remains “day-to-day.”
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)