Jan 4, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus wasn’t very happy with “getting in the head” on Saturday, not to mention the team’s tough 2-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer believes that Tyler Myers‘ check on Zubrus should have drawn a major penalty rather than a two-minute minor for an illegal hit to the head. Decide for yourself with this video of the incident:
Myers, 23, received a three-game suspension for boarding back in March 2012. We’ll see if the Buffalo blueliner faces more than that penalty once the league gets a look at the hit.
In the meantime, the frustrations continue for the Devils. At least give Cory Schneider credit for avoiding throwing his teammates under the bus, emphasizing that he needs to be the guy giving his teams 2-1 wins instead of 2-1 losses.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 12
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 41
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)