Jan 4, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus wasn’t very happy with “getting in the head” on Saturday, not to mention the team’s tough 2-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer believes that Tyler Myers‘ check on Zubrus should have drawn a major penalty rather than a two-minute minor for an illegal hit to the head. Decide for yourself with this video of the incident:
Myers, 23, received a three-game suspension for boarding back in March 2012. We’ll see if the Buffalo blueliner faces more than that penalty once the league gets a look at the hit.
In the meantime, the frustrations continue for the Devils. At least give Cory Schneider credit for avoiding throwing his teammates under the bus, emphasizing that he needs to be the guy giving his teams 2-1 wins instead of 2-1 losses.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)