Jan 4, 2014, 11:53 PM EST
New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus wasn’t very happy with “getting in the head” on Saturday, not to mention the team’s tough 2-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer believes that Tyler Myers‘ check on Zubrus should have drawn a major penalty rather than a two-minute minor for an illegal hit to the head. Decide for yourself with this video of the incident:
Myers, 23, received a three-game suspension for boarding back in March 2012. We’ll see if the Buffalo blueliner faces more than that penalty once the league gets a look at the hit.
In the meantime, the frustrations continue for the Devils. At least give Cory Schneider credit for avoiding throwing his teammates under the bus, emphasizing that he needs to be the guy giving his teams 2-1 wins instead of 2-1 losses.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2