Jan 4, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus wasn’t very happy with “getting in the head” on Saturday, not to mention the team’s tough 2-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer believes that Tyler Myers‘ check on Zubrus should have drawn a major penalty rather than a two-minute minor for an illegal hit to the head. Decide for yourself with this video of the incident:
Myers, 23, received a three-game suspension for boarding back in March 2012. We’ll see if the Buffalo blueliner faces more than that penalty once the league gets a look at the hit.
In the meantime, the frustrations continue for the Devils. At least give Cory Schneider credit for avoiding throwing his teammates under the bus, emphasizing that he needs to be the guy giving his teams 2-1 wins instead of 2-1 losses.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)