Jan 4, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus wasn’t very happy with “getting in the head” on Saturday, not to mention the team’s tough 2-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer believes that Tyler Myers‘ check on Zubrus should have drawn a major penalty rather than a two-minute minor for an illegal hit to the head. Decide for yourself with this video of the incident:
Myers, 23, received a three-game suspension for boarding back in March 2012. We’ll see if the Buffalo blueliner faces more than that penalty once the league gets a look at the hit.
In the meantime, the frustrations continue for the Devils. At least give Cory Schneider credit for avoiding throwing his teammates under the bus, emphasizing that he needs to be the guy giving his teams 2-1 wins instead of 2-1 losses.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)