Jan 4, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
In his second game as a member of the Flames, Westgarth fought Lightning forward Ryan Malone in a quick scrap just before the midway point of the first period.
Westgarth was acquired by the Flames in a trade with the Carolina Hurricanes on Dec. 30. He’s not a goal scorer, but brings an element of toughness coveted by acting general manager Brian Burke.
“I’ve liked him since he played college hockey … I liked him in the American League,” Burke said earlier this week. “What he brings is what we desperately need: Size and toughness.”
Of course, the Flames, with Friday’s shutout loss, could use some scoring. They’ve lost four straight games, been outscored 10-1 in that span, which includes being held off the score board entirely in three of those games.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 32
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 14
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)