Jan 4, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
In his second game as a member of the Flames, Westgarth fought Lightning forward Ryan Malone in a quick scrap just before the midway point of the first period.
Westgarth was acquired by the Flames in a trade with the Carolina Hurricanes on Dec. 30. He’s not a goal scorer, but brings an element of toughness coveted by acting general manager Brian Burke.
“I’ve liked him since he played college hockey … I liked him in the American League,” Burke said earlier this week. “What he brings is what we desperately need: Size and toughness.”
Of course, the Flames, with Friday’s shutout loss, could use some scoring. They’ve lost four straight games, been outscored 10-1 in that span, which includes being held off the score board entirely in three of those games.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7