Jan 4, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
Lovejoy scored twice in the span of two minutes and 43 seconds – the fastest two goals by a Ducks defenseman in franchise history, as per the club’s official Twitter account, citing Elias Sports Bureau.
His two-goal outburst turned a one-goal deficit for the Ducks into a one-goal lead. The second Lovejoy goal came with five seconds remaining in a wild first period.
The Ducks went on to take control of the game from that point on, increasing their lead to three goals in the third period and keeping the listless Oilers to just eight shots on goal through the final 40 minutes of play.
Meanwhile, the Ducks ran their home record to 16-0-2. Yes. Undefeated in regulation on home ice.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)