Jan 4, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
Lovejoy scored twice in the span of two minutes and 43 seconds – the fastest two goals by a Ducks defenseman in franchise history, as per the club’s official Twitter account, citing Elias Sports Bureau.
His two-goal outburst turned a one-goal deficit for the Ducks into a one-goal lead. The second Lovejoy goal came with five seconds remaining in a wild first period.
The Ducks went on to take control of the game from that point on, increasing their lead to three goals in the third period and keeping the listless Oilers to just eight shots on goal through the final 40 minutes of play.
Meanwhile, the Ducks ran their home record to 16-0-2. Yes. Undefeated in regulation on home ice.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 6
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 8
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)