Jan 4, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
Lovejoy scored twice in the span of two minutes and 43 seconds – the fastest two goals by a Ducks defenseman in franchise history, as per the club’s official Twitter account, citing Elias Sports Bureau.
His two-goal outburst turned a one-goal deficit for the Ducks into a one-goal lead. The second Lovejoy goal came with five seconds remaining in a wild first period.
The Ducks went on to take control of the game from that point on, increasing their lead to three goals in the third period and keeping the listless Oilers to just eight shots on goal through the final 40 minutes of play.
Meanwhile, the Ducks ran their home record to 16-0-2. Yes. Undefeated in regulation on home ice.
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28