Jan 4, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
Lovejoy scored twice in the span of two minutes and 43 seconds – the fastest two goals by a Ducks defenseman in franchise history, as per the club’s official Twitter account, citing Elias Sports Bureau.
His two-goal outburst turned a one-goal deficit for the Ducks into a one-goal lead. The second Lovejoy goal came with five seconds remaining in a wild first period.
The Ducks went on to take control of the game from that point on, increasing their lead to three goals in the third period and keeping the listless Oilers to just eight shots on goal through the final 40 minutes of play.
Meanwhile, the Ducks ran their home record to 16-0-2. Yes. Undefeated in regulation on home ice.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 7
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 15
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)