Jan 4, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
Lovejoy scored twice in the span of two minutes and 43 seconds – the fastest two goals by a Ducks defenseman in franchise history, as per the club’s official Twitter account, citing Elias Sports Bureau.
His two-goal outburst turned a one-goal deficit for the Ducks into a one-goal lead. The second Lovejoy goal came with five seconds remaining in a wild first period.
The Ducks went on to take control of the game from that point on, increasing their lead to three goals in the third period and keeping the listless Oilers to just eight shots on goal through the final 40 minutes of play.
Meanwhile, the Ducks ran their home record to 16-0-2. Yes. Undefeated in regulation on home ice.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25