Jan 4, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Luongo was out for three consecutive games after sustaining an injury on Dec. 22 courtesy of a shot from Winnipeg’s Evander Kane. Backup Eddie Lack filled in for Luongo with mixed results. He earned an 18-save shutout against Calgary, but was 0-1-1 in his following two games with a 3.44 GAA and .883 save percentage.
This is a great time to get their star netminder back. The Kings are on a five-game losing streak and Vancouver is in a position to wrestle third place in the Pacific Division away from them with a victory tonight.
This also comes ahead of the announcement of Team Canada’s roster. Luongo is expected to be one of the three goalies Canada carries and Martin Brodeur recently argued in favor of Luongo retaining his 2010 role as the country’s starting goaltender.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)