Jan 4, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Luongo was out for three consecutive games after sustaining an injury on Dec. 22 courtesy of a shot from Winnipeg’s Evander Kane. Backup Eddie Lack filled in for Luongo with mixed results. He earned an 18-save shutout against Calgary, but was 0-1-1 in his following two games with a 3.44 GAA and .883 save percentage.
This is a great time to get their star netminder back. The Kings are on a five-game losing streak and Vancouver is in a position to wrestle third place in the Pacific Division away from them with a victory tonight.
This also comes ahead of the announcement of Team Canada’s roster. Luongo is expected to be one of the three goalies Canada carries and Martin Brodeur recently argued in favor of Luongo retaining his 2010 role as the country’s starting goaltender.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54