Jan 4, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Luongo was out for three consecutive games after sustaining an injury on Dec. 22 courtesy of a shot from Winnipeg’s Evander Kane. Backup Eddie Lack filled in for Luongo with mixed results. He earned an 18-save shutout against Calgary, but was 0-1-1 in his following two games with a 3.44 GAA and .883 save percentage.
This is a great time to get their star netminder back. The Kings are on a five-game losing streak and Vancouver is in a position to wrestle third place in the Pacific Division away from them with a victory tonight.
This also comes ahead of the announcement of Team Canada’s roster. Luongo is expected to be one of the three goalies Canada carries and Martin Brodeur recently argued in favor of Luongo retaining his 2010 role as the country’s starting goaltender.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 5
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 7
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 15
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)