Jan 4, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Luongo was out for three consecutive games after sustaining an injury on Dec. 22 courtesy of a shot from Winnipeg’s Evander Kane. Backup Eddie Lack filled in for Luongo with mixed results. He earned an 18-save shutout against Calgary, but was 0-1-1 in his following two games with a 3.44 GAA and .883 save percentage.
This is a great time to get their star netminder back. The Kings are on a five-game losing streak and Vancouver is in a position to wrestle third place in the Pacific Division away from them with a victory tonight.
This also comes ahead of the announcement of Team Canada’s roster. Luongo is expected to be one of the three goalies Canada carries and Martin Brodeur recently argued in favor of Luongo retaining his 2010 role as the country’s starting goaltender.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)