Jan 4, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
The 28-year-old forward has two points and 57 penalty minutes in 26 games with the Kings this season. He recorded at least 200 penalty minutes in three straight campaigns from 2007-08 through 2009-10. The main reason he’s fallen short of that mark since is because he’s been limited to a maximum hasn’t played in more than 57 in any of his previous three campaigns.
Carcillo spent two seasons with Chicago, but was plagued by injuries and his role with the team declined over time. He played in just four postseason contests during the Blackhawks’ 2013 Stanley Cup run.
Afterwards they shipped him to Los Angeles to rid themselves of his $825,000 annual cap hit.
"We picked up a player that can bring an element of toughness..it's an area we felt we needed to get a little bit better"-AV on Dan Carcillo
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 4, 2014
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)