Jan 4, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
The 28-year-old forward has two points and 57 penalty minutes in 26 games with the Kings this season. He recorded at least 200 penalty minutes in three straight campaigns from 2007-08 through 2009-10. The main reason he’s fallen short of that mark since is because he’s been limited to a maximum hasn’t played in more than 57 in any of his previous three campaigns.
Carcillo spent two seasons with Chicago, but was plagued by injuries and his role with the team declined over time. He played in just four postseason contests during the Blackhawks’ 2013 Stanley Cup run.
Afterwards they shipped him to Los Angeles to rid themselves of his $825,000 annual cap hit.
"We picked up a player that can bring an element of toughness..it's an area we felt we needed to get a little bit better"-AV on Dan Carcillo
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 4, 2014
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)