Jan 4, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
The 28-year-old forward has two points and 57 penalty minutes in 26 games with the Kings this season. He recorded at least 200 penalty minutes in three straight campaigns from 2007-08 through 2009-10. The main reason he’s fallen short of that mark since is because he’s been limited to a maximum hasn’t played in more than 57 in any of his previous three campaigns.
Carcillo spent two seasons with Chicago, but was plagued by injuries and his role with the team declined over time. He played in just four postseason contests during the Blackhawks’ 2013 Stanley Cup run.
Afterwards they shipped him to Los Angeles to rid themselves of his $825,000 annual cap hit.
"We picked up a player that can bring an element of toughness..it's an area we felt we needed to get a little bit better"-AV on Dan Carcillo
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 4, 2014
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 39
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 65
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 14
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 71
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)