Jan 4, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
The 28-year-old forward has two points and 57 penalty minutes in 26 games with the Kings this season. He recorded at least 200 penalty minutes in three straight campaigns from 2007-08 through 2009-10. The main reason he’s fallen short of that mark since is because he’s been limited to a maximum hasn’t played in more than 57 in any of his previous three campaigns.
Carcillo spent two seasons with Chicago, but was plagued by injuries and his role with the team declined over time. He played in just four postseason contests during the Blackhawks’ 2013 Stanley Cup run.
Afterwards they shipped him to Los Angeles to rid themselves of his $825,000 annual cap hit.
"We picked up a player that can bring an element of toughness..it's an area we felt we needed to get a little bit better"-AV on Dan Carcillo
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 4, 2014
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)