Jan 4, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
The 28-year-old forward has two points and 57 penalty minutes in 26 games with the Kings this season. He recorded at least 200 penalty minutes in three straight campaigns from 2007-08 through 2009-10. The main reason he’s fallen short of that mark since is because he’s been limited to a maximum hasn’t played in more than 57 in any of his previous three campaigns.
Carcillo spent two seasons with Chicago, but was plagued by injuries and his role with the team declined over time. He played in just four postseason contests during the Blackhawks’ 2013 Stanley Cup run.
Afterwards they shipped him to Los Angeles to rid themselves of his $825,000 annual cap hit.
"We picked up a player that can bring an element of toughness..it's an area we felt we needed to get a little bit better"-AV on Dan Carcillo
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 4, 2014
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)