Jan 4, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Michael Raffl sustained a concussion when he was hit into the boards by Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog during Thursday’s game, but the 25-year-old rookie was a full participant in the Flyers’ Saturday morning skate.
“I didn’t expect to feel this good,” Raffl told CSN Philly. “No problems at all. I think I’ll be fine.”
He’ll still miss Saturday’s contest for precautionary reasons, but he would like to play on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Philadelphia will also be without Matt Read for tonight’s match against the Phoenix Coyotes. Read attempted to practice today, but he left before its conclusion.
He’s dealing with an upper-body injury, although it’s believed that he was elbowed in the head during Philadelphia’s New Year’s Eve match against Calgary.
Read has 10 goals and 19 points in 39 games this season. He’s also been one of the team’s key players when they need to kill a penalty and is leading all Flyers forwards with an average of 19:29 minutes of ice time per contest.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 3
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)