Jan 4, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Michael Raffl sustained a concussion when he was hit into the boards by Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog during Thursday’s game, but the 25-year-old rookie was a full participant in the Flyers’ Saturday morning skate.
“I didn’t expect to feel this good,” Raffl told CSN Philly. “No problems at all. I think I’ll be fine.”
He’ll still miss Saturday’s contest for precautionary reasons, but he would like to play on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Philadelphia will also be without Matt Read for tonight’s match against the Phoenix Coyotes. Read attempted to practice today, but he left before its conclusion.
He’s dealing with an upper-body injury, although it’s believed that he was elbowed in the head during Philadelphia’s New Year’s Eve match against Calgary.
Read has 10 goals and 19 points in 39 games this season. He’s also been one of the team’s key players when they need to kill a penalty and is leading all Flyers forwards with an average of 19:29 minutes of ice time per contest.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)