Jan 4, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Michael Raffl sustained a concussion when he was hit into the boards by Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog during Thursday’s game, but the 25-year-old rookie was a full participant in the Flyers’ Saturday morning skate.
“I didn’t expect to feel this good,” Raffl told CSN Philly. “No problems at all. I think I’ll be fine.”
He’ll still miss Saturday’s contest for precautionary reasons, but he would like to play on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Philadelphia will also be without Matt Read for tonight’s match against the Phoenix Coyotes. Read attempted to practice today, but he left before its conclusion.
He’s dealing with an upper-body injury, although it’s believed that he was elbowed in the head during Philadelphia’s New Year’s Eve match against Calgary.
Read has 10 goals and 19 points in 39 games this season. He’s also been one of the team’s key players when they need to kill a penalty and is leading all Flyers forwards with an average of 19:29 minutes of ice time per contest.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 14
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)