Jan 4, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Michael Raffl sustained a concussion when he was hit into the boards by Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog during Thursday’s game, but the 25-year-old rookie was a full participant in the Flyers’ Saturday morning skate.
“I didn’t expect to feel this good,” Raffl told CSN Philly. “No problems at all. I think I’ll be fine.”
He’ll still miss Saturday’s contest for precautionary reasons, but he would like to play on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Philadelphia will also be without Matt Read for tonight’s match against the Phoenix Coyotes. Read attempted to practice today, but he left before its conclusion.
He’s dealing with an upper-body injury, although it’s believed that he was elbowed in the head during Philadelphia’s New Year’s Eve match against Calgary.
Read has 10 goals and 19 points in 39 games this season. He’s also been one of the team’s key players when they need to kill a penalty and is leading all Flyers forwards with an average of 19:29 minutes of ice time per contest.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (165)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (58)