Jan 4, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Michael Raffl sustained a concussion when he was hit into the boards by Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog during Thursday’s game, but the 25-year-old rookie was a full participant in the Flyers’ Saturday morning skate.
“I didn’t expect to feel this good,” Raffl told CSN Philly. “No problems at all. I think I’ll be fine.”
He’ll still miss Saturday’s contest for precautionary reasons, but he would like to play on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Philadelphia will also be without Matt Read for tonight’s match against the Phoenix Coyotes. Read attempted to practice today, but he left before its conclusion.
He’s dealing with an upper-body injury, although it’s believed that he was elbowed in the head during Philadelphia’s New Year’s Eve match against Calgary.
Read has 10 goals and 19 points in 39 games this season. He’s also been one of the team’s key players when they need to kill a penalty and is leading all Flyers forwards with an average of 19:29 minutes of ice time per contest.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (98)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)