Jan 4, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
You know a game is jam-packed with storylines when Darryl Sutter’s 1,000th game as an NHL head coach seems like a mere afterthought (though Sutter probably prefers it that way).
We already found out that Roberto Luongo will be back for the Vancouver Canucks, but now hockey fans will delight in a possible matchup of Olympic starting goalies, as Jonathan Quick returns for the Los Angeles Kings.
Luongo, 34, hasn’t played since Dec. 22, but that’s chump change compared to the rust Quick might be fighting off. Quick, 27, hasn’t appeared since injuring himself on Nov. 12.
This news would be bigger, naturally, if the Kings hadn’t enjoyed surprisingly strong goaltending from relatively inexperienced goalies Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens. Still, with a five-game losing streak haunting Los Angeles, Quick’s return probably comes at an opportune time.
It’s quite possible that the Kings traded Dan Carcillo in part to keep their three goalies in the mix, so maybe there’s some question as to whether Quick is truly ready to go.
Really, that just makes it all the more fascinating, though.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Deryk Engelland’s game misconduct for instigating was rescinded.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Enter Jimmy Howard.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
He has his first two of these playoffs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Pullar Stadium and War Memorial Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Decatur and St. Michael-Albertville.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Both will look to give their respective teams a 2-1 series lead.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
He made 42 saves in Chicago’s Game 1 win.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Puck drop for both games is at 3 p.m. ET.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He won’t play Games 3 and 4.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
He could be suspended for Game 3.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Neither will play Game 2 tonight.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
He received an instigator penalty late in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
He’s been out since mid-March with an arm injury.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Tampa Bay looks to avoid a sixth straight postseason loss.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:36 AM EDT
Another rough go for Crow.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)