Jan 4, 2014, 1:45 AM EST
The good news: Nail Yakupov, the former first-round pick who has found himself in the doghouse of head coach Dallas Eakins and a healthy scratch on numerous occasions, scored for a second straight game.
The bad news: The Edmonton Oilers were once again the second best team on the ice, resulting in yet another loss. They continue to pile up – 26 in regulation all totaled.
The Oilers are now 44 games into the season and don’t seem to be showing any signs of improvement; in fact, one could argue they’re getting worse. The latest loss came Friday, as the Oilers coughed up a one-goal lead in the first period, before losing 5-2 to the Anaheim Ducks.
This time, it was Ilya Bryzgalov in goal.
He continued: “We’ve been hanging around in games but always seem to find a way to blow a lead.”
True, the Oilers gave up a lead – a one-goal lead in the first period. In the final 40 minutes, however, they managed just eight shots on goal.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3