Jan 4, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
The good news: Nail Yakupov, the former first-round pick who has found himself in the doghouse of head coach Dallas Eakins and a healthy scratch on numerous occasions, scored for a second straight game.
The bad news: The Edmonton Oilers were once again the second best team on the ice, resulting in yet another loss. They continue to pile up – 26 in regulation all totaled.
The Oilers are now 44 games into the season and don’t seem to be showing any signs of improvement; in fact, one could argue they’re getting worse. The latest loss came Friday, as the Oilers coughed up a one-goal lead in the first period, before losing 5-2 to the Anaheim Ducks.
This time, it was Ilya Bryzgalov in goal.
He continued: “We’ve been hanging around in games but always seem to find a way to blow a lead.”
True, the Oilers gave up a lead – a one-goal lead in the first period. In the final 40 minutes, however, they managed just eight shots on goal.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)