Jan 4, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Here’s possibly the understatement of Saturday night: it hasn’t been a good evening for the Toronto Maple Leafs. They’re currently trailing the New York Rangers by a healthy margin, and they’ve already suffered losses in the injury department, as David Clarkson and Carl Gunnarsson won’t return thanks to health issues.
The Canadian Press reports that Clarkson, 29, is dealing with a left leg injury while Gunnarsson, 27, is suffering from an upper-body issue.
It’s been a long season already for Clarkson, as injuries and suspensions have ravaged things for the pricey power forward. This would just be the latest in a series of maladies for the critiqued winger.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (95)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)