Jan 4, 2014, 9:02 PM EST
Here’s possibly the understatement of Saturday night: it hasn’t been a good evening for the Toronto Maple Leafs. They’re currently trailing the New York Rangers by a healthy margin, and they’ve already suffered losses in the injury department, as David Clarkson and Carl Gunnarsson won’t return thanks to health issues.
The Canadian Press reports that Clarkson, 29, is dealing with a left leg injury while Gunnarsson, 27, is suffering from an upper-body issue.
It’s been a long season already for Clarkson, as injuries and suspensions have ravaged things for the pricey power forward. This would just be the latest in a series of maladies for the critiqued winger.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5