Jan 4, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Here’s possibly the understatement of Saturday night: it hasn’t been a good evening for the Toronto Maple Leafs. They’re currently trailing the New York Rangers by a healthy margin, and they’ve already suffered losses in the injury department, as David Clarkson and Carl Gunnarsson won’t return thanks to health issues.
The Canadian Press reports that Clarkson, 29, is dealing with a left leg injury while Gunnarsson, 27, is suffering from an upper-body issue.
It’s been a long season already for Clarkson, as injuries and suspensions have ravaged things for the pricey power forward. This would just be the latest in a series of maladies for the critiqued winger.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31