Jan 4, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Here’s possibly the understatement of Saturday night: it hasn’t been a good evening for the Toronto Maple Leafs. They’re currently trailing the New York Rangers by a healthy margin, and they’ve already suffered losses in the injury department, as David Clarkson and Carl Gunnarsson won’t return thanks to health issues.
The Canadian Press reports that Clarkson, 29, is dealing with a left leg injury while Gunnarsson, 27, is suffering from an upper-body issue.
It’s been a long season already for Clarkson, as injuries and suspensions have ravaged things for the pricey power forward. This would just be the latest in a series of maladies for the critiqued winger.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)