Jan 4, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle expressed relief that HBO’s cameras are no longer following his team to document the build-up for the 2014 Winter Classic. After being throttled by the New York Rangers 7-1 on Saturday, maybe he’ll miss those prying lenses.
The bullet points are just brutal for the Maple Leafs, who had won three straight games despite being badly out-shot (as per usual, as The Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle points out).
- Jonathan Bernier was pulled from the game after allowing five goals on 32 shots, but James Reimer allowed two more … after seeing 18 additional shots.
- They held a lengthy meeting (either between players, with Carlyle likely berating them or both) following the drubbing.
- David Clarkson and Carl Gunnarsson were lost to injuries.
No one acted like this was anything but a lousy loss.
So, what’s next, then? Carlyle had an interesting-if-grim outlook.
“Now it’s back to the drawing board,” Carlyle said.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
Perron and Crosby scored in the shootout for the win.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Chicago moves into third in the Central Division.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
He left the broadcast for stitches, but did return.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:02 PM EDT
New York snapped a seven-game home losing streak.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
Pastrnak scored the OT winner.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
Ottawa has lost three straight.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
Michael Ferland’s first NHL goal was the winner.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:51 PM EDT
Puck drop is at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard is on in relief.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Washington scored four unanswered to beat New York 5-2.
Mar 29, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
Buffalo has the best odds of drafting him.
Mar 29, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Will he get one next season?
Mar 29, 2015, 3:28 PM EDT
They’ll play at 7:30 p.m. ET tonight.
Mar 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 29, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
The Penguins defenseman suffered a concussion.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Rau recorded at least 40 points in each of his NCAA campaigns.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
The good news is that he’s out of the hospital.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
He’s looking forward to the challenge.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
Roy coached the forward in the QMJHL.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
They’ll talk after the season.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2