Jan 4, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
On the bright side, Ekman-Larsson might not be sidelined for too long. Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett estimated that the 22-year-old could be back as soon as Tuesday’s game against the Calgary Flames.
The Columbus Blue Jackets’ Derek McKenzie received a three-game suspension for this check on “OEL,” which hurt the talented Swedish blueliner:
Doan, 37, was just cleared on Friday after being sidelined since Dec. 4 with Rocky Mountain fever.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2