Jan 4, 2014, 8:08 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues seemed pretty formidable even with some noteworthy players out of the lineup, so they could be even scarier with a couple back. They’ll get captain David Backes and defenseman Jordan Leopold back against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Leopold, 33, sat out 26 contests thanks to surgery on his right hand.
These two returns continues a healthier upswing for St. Louis, as they got Ryan Reaves back on Thursday.
That’s not to say the Blues are at full-strength, however, as Jake Allen is backing up Brian Elliott because Jaroslav Halak continues to struggle with his illness. With a four-game winning streak and victories in six of their last seven contests (6-0-1), the Blues haven’t exactly been hurting, but it never hurts to get valuable players back.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)