Jan 4, 2014, 8:08 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues seemed pretty formidable even with some noteworthy players out of the lineup, so they could be even scarier with a couple back. They’ll get captain David Backes and defenseman Jordan Leopold back against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Leopold, 33, sat out 26 contests thanks to surgery on his right hand.
These two returns continues a healthier upswing for St. Louis, as they got Ryan Reaves back on Thursday.
That’s not to say the Blues are at full-strength, however, as Jake Allen is backing up Brian Elliott because Jaroslav Halak continues to struggle with his illness. With a four-game winning streak and victories in six of their last seven contests (6-0-1), the Blues haven’t exactly been hurting, but it never hurts to get valuable players back.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11