Jan 4, 2014, 8:08 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues seemed pretty formidable even with some noteworthy players out of the lineup, so they could be even scarier with a couple back. They’ll get captain David Backes and defenseman Jordan Leopold back against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Leopold, 33, sat out 26 contests thanks to surgery on his right hand.
These two returns continues a healthier upswing for St. Louis, as they got Ryan Reaves back on Thursday.
That’s not to say the Blues are at full-strength, however, as Jake Allen is backing up Brian Elliott because Jaroslav Halak continues to struggle with his illness. With a four-game winning streak and victories in six of their last seven contests (6-0-1), the Blues haven’t exactly been hurting, but it never hurts to get valuable players back.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)