Jan 4, 2014, 8:08 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues seemed pretty formidable even with some noteworthy players out of the lineup, so they could be even scarier with a couple back. They’ll get captain David Backes and defenseman Jordan Leopold back against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Leopold, 33, sat out 26 contests thanks to surgery on his right hand.
These two returns continues a healthier upswing for St. Louis, as they got Ryan Reaves back on Thursday.
That’s not to say the Blues are at full-strength, however, as Jake Allen is backing up Brian Elliott because Jaroslav Halak continues to struggle with his illness. With a four-game winning streak and victories in six of their last seven contests (6-0-1), the Blues haven’t exactly been hurting, but it never hurts to get valuable players back.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 45
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)