Jan 3, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets defeated the Phoenix Coyotes by a final score of 2-0. Horton, who signed as a free agent with the Blue Jackets for seven years at $37.1 million and had off-season shoulder surgery, delaying his entry in the Columbus lineup, finished the night with just under 15 minutes of ice time.
The injury occurred when he was hit from behind into the glass by Blue Jackets’ forward Derek MacKenzie.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6