Jan 3, 2014, 12:11 AM EST
The Blue Jackets defeated the Phoenix Coyotes by a final score of 2-0. Horton, who signed as a free agent with the Blue Jackets for seven years at $37.1 million and had off-season shoulder surgery, delaying his entry in the Columbus lineup, finished the night with just under 15 minutes of ice time.
The injury occurred when he was hit from behind into the glass by Blue Jackets’ forward Derek MacKenzie.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35