Jan 3, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets defeated the Phoenix Coyotes by a final score of 2-0. Horton, who signed as a free agent with the Blue Jackets for seven years at $37.1 million and had off-season shoulder surgery, delaying his entry in the Columbus lineup, finished the night with just under 15 minutes of ice time.
The injury occurred when he was hit from behind into the glass by Blue Jackets’ forward Derek MacKenzie.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35