Jan 3, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets defeated the Phoenix Coyotes by a final score of 2-0. Horton, who signed as a free agent with the Blue Jackets for seven years at $37.1 million and had off-season shoulder surgery, delaying his entry in the Columbus lineup, finished the night with just under 15 minutes of ice time.
The injury occurred when he was hit from behind into the glass by Blue Jackets’ forward Derek MacKenzie.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5