Jan 3, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
Just another video of a beautiful Sidney Crosby goal here.
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain and a lock for the Canadian Olympic team – the roster will be announced on Jan. 7 – Crosby went top corner with a wicked backhander on New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist in the second period of Friday’s game.
Now, he’s gone top-corner backhand before. But this wasn’t from in close or on a breakaway. This was a backhand shot from the hash marks that beat one of the world’s best goaltenders in Lundqvist. It also gave the Penguins a 4-0 lead going into the intermission.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 13
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 30
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)