Jan 3, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Just another video of a beautiful Sidney Crosby goal here.
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain and a lock for the Canadian Olympic team – the roster will be announced on Jan. 7 – Crosby went top corner with a wicked backhander on New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist in the second period of Friday’s game.
Now, he’s gone top-corner backhand before. But this wasn’t from in close or on a breakaway. This was a backhand shot from the hash marks that beat one of the world’s best goaltenders in Lundqvist. It also gave the Penguins a 4-0 lead going into the intermission.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38