Jan 3, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Just another video of a beautiful Sidney Crosby goal here.
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain and a lock for the Canadian Olympic team – the roster will be announced on Jan. 7 – Crosby went top corner with a wicked backhander on New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist in the second period of Friday’s game.
Now, he’s gone top-corner backhand before. But this wasn’t from in close or on a breakaway. This was a backhand shot from the hash marks that beat one of the world’s best goaltenders in Lundqvist. It also gave the Penguins a 4-0 lead going into the intermission.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)