Jan 3, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Just another video of a beautiful Sidney Crosby goal here.
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain and a lock for the Canadian Olympic team – the roster will be announced on Jan. 7 – Crosby went top corner with a wicked backhander on New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist in the second period of Friday’s game.
Now, he’s gone top-corner backhand before. But this wasn’t from in close or on a breakaway. This was a backhand shot from the hash marks that beat one of the world’s best goaltenders in Lundqvist. It also gave the Penguins a 4-0 lead going into the intermission.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 4
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 46
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 14
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)