Jan 3, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Just another video of a beautiful Sidney Crosby goal here.
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain and a lock for the Canadian Olympic team – the roster will be announced on Jan. 7 – Crosby went top corner with a wicked backhander on New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist in the second period of Friday’s game.
Now, he’s gone top-corner backhand before. But this wasn’t from in close or on a breakaway. This was a backhand shot from the hash marks that beat one of the world’s best goaltenders in Lundqvist. It also gave the Penguins a 4-0 lead going into the intermission.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)