Jan 3, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning probably won’t have Sami Salo in the lineup for tonight’s game in Calgary, but it’s sounds likely the veteran rearguard will return from injury Sunday in Edmonton.
“He’ll play at some point in Alberta, I’m just not sure which city,” head coach Jon Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune.
Salo (1G, 6A) last played Dec. 23 when he suffered an upper-body injury versus the Panthers. The 39-year-old averages around 20 minutes a game and is one of the Lightning’s top possession players.
Tampa Bay is coming off a 4-2 victory Saturday in Vancouver and continues to play well despite the long-term injury to star Steven Stamkos.
Related: Stamkos skates in full gear Thursday
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 28
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 51
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)