Jan 3, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning probably won’t have Sami Salo in the lineup for tonight’s game in Calgary, but it sounds likely the veteran rearguard will return from injury Sunday in Edmonton.
“He’ll play at some point in Alberta, I’m just not sure which city,” head coach Jon Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune.
Salo (1G, 6A) last played Dec. 23 when he suffered an upper-body injury versus the Panthers. The 39-year-old averages around 20 minutes a game and is one of the Lightning’s top possession players.
Tampa Bay is coming off a 4-2 victory Saturday in Vancouver and continues to play well despite the long-term injury to star Steven Stamkos.
Related: Stamkos skates in full gear Thursday
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)