Jan 3, 2014, 5:33 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning probably won’t have Sami Salo in the lineup for tonight’s game in Calgary, but it sounds likely the veteran rearguard will return from injury Sunday in Edmonton.
“He’ll play at some point in Alberta, I’m just not sure which city,” head coach Jon Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune.
Salo (1G, 6A) last played Dec. 23 when he suffered an upper-body injury versus the Panthers. The 39-year-old averages around 20 minutes a game and is one of the Lightning’s top possession players.
Tampa Bay is coming off a 4-2 victory Saturday in Vancouver and continues to play well despite the long-term injury to star Steven Stamkos.
Related: Stamkos skates in full gear Thursday
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)