Jan 3, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed defenseman Dylan Olsen on injured reserve, retroactive to Dec. 31, the club announced Friday.
Olsen is currently out with a lower-body injury.
A former first-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks, the 23-year-old Olsen was enjoying decent production on the Panthers’ blue line, with three goals and nine points in 17 regular season games.
The Panthers host the Nashville Predators on Saturday. Florida currently sits seventh in the Atlantic Division, have has six wins in its last 10 games.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 32
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63