Jan 3, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed defenseman Dylan Olsen on injured reserve, retroactive to Dec. 31, the club announced Friday.
Olsen is currently out with a lower-body injury.
A former first-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks, the 23-year-old Olsen was enjoying decent production on the Panthers’ blue line, with three goals and nine points in 17 regular season games.
The Panthers host the Nashville Predators on Saturday. Florida currently sits seventh in the Atlantic Division, have has six wins in its last 10 games.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20