Jan 3, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed defenseman Dylan Olsen on injured reserve, retroactive to Dec. 31, the club announced Friday.
Olsen is currently out with a lower-body injury.
A former first-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks, the 23-year-old Olsen was enjoying decent production on the Panthers’ blue line, with three goals and nine points in 17 regular season games.
The Panthers host the Nashville Predators on Saturday. Florida currently sits seventh in the Atlantic Division, have has six wins in its last 10 games.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115