Jan 3, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed defenseman Dylan Olsen on injured reserve, retroactive to Dec. 31, the club announced Friday.
Olsen is currently out with a lower-body injury.
A former first-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks, the 23-year-old Olsen was enjoying decent production on the Panthers’ blue line, with three goals and nine points in 17 regular season games.
The Panthers host the Nashville Predators on Saturday. Florida currently sits seventh in the Atlantic Division, have has six wins in its last 10 games.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)