Jan 3, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed defenseman Dylan Olsen on injured reserve, retroactive to Dec. 31, the club announced Friday.
Olsen is currently out with a lower-body injury.
A former first-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks, the 23-year-old Olsen was enjoying decent production on the Panthers’ blue line, with three goals and nine points in 17 regular season games.
The Panthers host the Nashville Predators on Saturday. Florida currently sits seventh in the Atlantic Division, have has six wins in its last 10 games.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)