Jan 3, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Defenseman Letang, who hasn’t played since Dec. 13 due to elbow surgery, ruled himself out this morning. Center Malkin (lower-body, last played Dec. 14) skated prior to the rest of his teammates this morning, a strong indication he’d be out as well (since confirmed.)
On the bright side for the banged-up Pens, tonight’s game is at Consol Energy Center, where Pittsburgh is 17-3-0 this season. The Penguins’ last home loss was all the way back on Nov. 13, 2-1 to the Flyers.
Marc-Andre Fleury will start in goal for Pittsburgh.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1