Jan 3, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
Defenseman Letang, who hasn’t played since Dec. 13 due to elbow surgery, ruled himself out this morning. Center Malkin (lower-body, last played Dec. 14) skated prior to the rest of his teammates this morning, a strong indication he’d be out as well (since confirmed.)
On the bright side for the banged-up Pens, tonight’s game is at Consol Energy Center, where Pittsburgh is 17-3-0 this season. The Penguins’ last home loss was all the way back on Nov. 13, 2-1 to the Flyers.
Marc-Andre Fleury will start in goal for Pittsburgh.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2