Jan 3, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul won’t be suspended for crosschecking Detroit’s Patrick Eaves on Wednesday during the first period of the Winter Classic. Lupul has, however, been fined $10,000 by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Eaves was forced to leave the contest and did not return as a result of the crosscheck, but it sounded after the game like he avoided any serious injury.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8