Jan 3, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul won’t be suspended for crosschecking Detroit’s Patrick Eaves on Wednesday during the first period of the Winter Classic. Lupul has, however, been fined $10,000 by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Eaves was forced to leave the contest and did not return as a result of the crosscheck, but it sounded after the game like he avoided any serious injury.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28