Jan 3, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul won’t be suspended for crosschecking Detroit’s Patrick Eaves on Wednesday during the first period of the Winter Classic. Lupul has, however, been fined $10,000 by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Eaves was forced to leave the contest and did not return as a result of the crosscheck, but it sounded after the game like he avoided any serious injury.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39