Jan 3, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul won’t be suspended for crosschecking Detroit’s Patrick Eaves on Wednesday during the first period of the Winter Classic. Lupul has, however, been fined $10,000 by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Eaves was forced to leave the contest and did not return as a result of the crosscheck, but it sounded after the game like he avoided any serious injury.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18