Jan 3, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Kane led the league in assists (16) last month and tied Crosby for the points lead, with 23. The Chicago forward was a constant force as his club went 8-3-3, scoring at least one point in 13 of 14 games while becoming the first player to record two 10-game-plus scoring streaks in the same season since Jaromir Jagr did it in 2005-06.
Second star went to Crosby who, like Kane, recorded points in 13 of 14 games last month. Crosby also posted seven multi-point performances and helped Pittsburgh record 11 wins in December, keeping the Pens atop the Eastern Conference standings despite being ravaged by injuries.
Hiller, the third star for December, went 9-0-1 with a 1.96 GAA and .929 save percentage. The Ducks goalie closed the month with nine straight wins and allowed two goals or fewer in nine of his 10 games, which included a stellar 49-save effort against the Kings on Dec. 3.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17