Jan 3, 2014, 1:56 PM EST
Kane led the league in assists (16) last month and tied Crosby for the points lead, with 23. The Chicago forward was a constant force as his club went 8-3-3, scoring at least one point in 13 of 14 games while becoming the first player to record two 10-game-plus scoring streaks in the same season since Jaromir Jagr did it in 2005-06.
Second star went to Crosby who, like Kane, recorded points in 13 of 14 games last month. Crosby also posted seven multi-point performances and helped Pittsburgh record 11 wins in December, keeping the Pens atop the Eastern Conference standings despite being ravaged by injuries.
Hiller, the third star for December, went 9-0-1 with a 1.96 GAA and .929 save percentage. The Ducks goalie closed the month with nine straight wins and allowed two goals or fewer in nine of his 10 games, which included a stellar 49-save effort against the Kings on Dec. 3.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)