Jan 3, 2014, 1:56 PM EST
Kane led the league in assists (16) last month and tied Crosby for the points lead, with 23. The Chicago forward was a constant force as his club went 8-3-3, scoring at least one point in 13 of 14 games while becoming the first player to record two 10-game-plus scoring streaks in the same season since Jaromir Jagr did it in 2005-06.
Second star went to Crosby who, like Kane, recorded points in 13 of 14 games last month. Crosby also posted seven multi-point performances and helped Pittsburgh record 11 wins in December, keeping the Pens atop the Eastern Conference standings despite being ravaged by injuries.
Hiller, the third star for December, went 9-0-1 with a 1.96 GAA and .929 save percentage. The Ducks goalie closed the month with nine straight wins and allowed two goals or fewer in nine of his 10 games, which included a stellar 49-save effort against the Kings on Dec. 3.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 56
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)