Jan 3, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Kane led the league in assists (16) last month and tied Crosby for the points lead, with 23. The Chicago forward was a constant force as his club went 8-3-3, scoring at least one point in 13 of 14 games while becoming the first player to record two 10-game-plus scoring streaks in the same season since Jaromir Jagr did it in 2005-06.
Second star went to Crosby who, like Kane, recorded points in 13 of 14 games last month. Crosby also posted seven multi-point performances and helped Pittsburgh record 11 wins in December, keeping the Pens atop the Eastern Conference standings despite being ravaged by injuries.
Hiller, the third star for December, went 9-0-1 with a 1.96 GAA and .929 save percentage. The Ducks goalie closed the month with nine straight wins and allowed two goals or fewer in nine of his 10 games, which included a stellar 49-save effort against the Kings on Dec. 3.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)