Jan 3, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The NHL announced its rookie of the month for December today and…there’s a tie!
Los Angeles Kings goaltender Martin Jones, who posted an 8-2-0 record with a 1.29 goals-against average, .955 save percentage and three shutouts in 10 games, and Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Antti Raanta, who compiled an 8-1-3 record with a 2.23 goals-against average, .912 save percentage and one shutout in 12 appearances, have been named the NHL Co-Rookies of the Month for December.
In a related story, Jones and Raanta also shared the monthly award for Best Rookie Goalie Being Forced Into Action Due To An Injury To His Team’s Stanley Cup-Winning Goalie.
PS — No disrespect to Raanta, but Jones deserved the solo nod here. That’s a huge difference in save percentage.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (56)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)