Jan 3, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The NHL announced its rookie of the month for December today and…there’s a tie!
Los Angeles Kings goaltender Martin Jones, who posted an 8-2-0 record with a 1.29 goals-against average, .955 save percentage and three shutouts in 10 games, and Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Antti Raanta, who compiled an 8-1-3 record with a 2.23 goals-against average, .912 save percentage and one shutout in 12 appearances, have been named the NHL Co-Rookies of the Month for December.
In a related story, Jones and Raanta also shared the monthly award for Best Rookie Goalie Being Forced Into Action Due To An Injury To His Team’s Stanley Cup-Winning Goalie.
PS — No disrespect to Raanta, but Jones deserved the solo nod here. That’s a huge difference in save percentage.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)