Jan 3, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The NHL announced its rookie of the month for December today and…there’s a tie!
Los Angeles Kings goaltender Martin Jones, who posted an 8-2-0 record with a 1.29 goals-against average, .955 save percentage and three shutouts in 10 games, and Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Antti Raanta, who compiled an 8-1-3 record with a 2.23 goals-against average, .912 save percentage and one shutout in 12 appearances, have been named the NHL Co-Rookies of the Month for December.
In a related story, Jones and Raanta also shared the monthly award for Best Rookie Goalie Being Forced Into Action Due To An Injury To His Team’s Stanley Cup-Winning Goalie.
PS — No disrespect to Raanta, but Jones deserved the solo nod here. That’s a huge difference in save percentage.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)