Jan 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
Columbus forward Derek MacKenzie will have a phone hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety later this afternoon concerning the hit that injured Phoenix defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson last night at Jobing.com Arena.
There was no penalty on the play, but the league will apparently consider supplemental discipline for boarding.
If MacKenzie is suspended, it will be the eighth suspension for boarding this season, per TSN’s list.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 14
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11