Jan 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Columbus forward Derek MacKenzie will have a phone hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety later this afternoon concerning the hit that injured Phoenix defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson last night at Jobing.com Arena.
There was no penalty on the play, but the league will apparently consider supplemental discipline for boarding.
If MacKenzie is suspended, it will be the eighth suspension for boarding this season, per TSN’s list.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)