Jan 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Columbus forward Derek MacKenzie will have a phone hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety later this afternoon concerning the hit that injured Phoenix defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson last night at Jobing.com Arena.
There was no penalty on the play, but the league will apparently consider supplemental discipline for boarding.
If MacKenzie is suspended, it will be the eighth suspension for boarding this season, per TSN’s list.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5