Jan 3, 2014, 1:54 AM EDT
As per Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the injury occurred in the first period, after Raffl took a hit along the boards from Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog. Panaccio also wrote that the hit appeared to be legal.
“It’s fine, not a penalty,” said Flyers’ head coach Craig Berube, who also ruled Raffl out of Philadelphia’s next game.
“It’s kind of a tough play. [Raffl’s] head is against the glass already and the guy hit him. I don’t think it was a dirty hit at all.”
Raffl, 25, is in his first season with the Flyers and in the NHL. He has two goals and 11 points in 29 games.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)