Jan 3, 2014, 1:54 AM EDT
As per Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the injury occurred in the first period, after Raffl took a hit along the boards from Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog. Panaccio also wrote that the hit appeared to be legal.
“It’s fine, not a penalty,” said Flyers’ head coach Craig Berube, who also ruled Raffl out of Philadelphia’s next game.
“It’s kind of a tough play. [Raffl’s] head is against the glass already and the guy hit him. I don’t think it was a dirty hit at all.”
Raffl, 25, is in his first season with the Flyers and in the NHL. He has two goals and 11 points in 29 games.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)