Jan 3, 2014, 1:54 AM EST
As per Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the injury occurred in the first period, after Raffl took a hit along the boards from Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog. Panaccio also wrote that the hit appeared to be legal.
“It’s fine, not a penalty,” said Flyers’ head coach Craig Berube, who also ruled Raffl out of Philadelphia’s next game.
“It’s kind of a tough play. [Raffl’s] head is against the glass already and the guy hit him. I don’t think it was a dirty hit at all.”
Raffl, 25, is in his first season with the Flyers and in the NHL. He has two goals and 11 points in 29 games.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 0
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 9
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33