Jan 3, 2014, 1:54 AM EDT
As per Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the injury occurred in the first period, after Raffl took a hit along the boards from Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog. Panaccio also wrote that the hit appeared to be legal.
“It’s fine, not a penalty,” said Flyers’ head coach Craig Berube, who also ruled Raffl out of Philadelphia’s next game.
“It’s kind of a tough play. [Raffl's] head is against the glass already and the guy hit him. I don’t think it was a dirty hit at all.”
Raffl, 25, is in his first season with the Flyers and in the NHL. He has two goals and 11 points in 29 games.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20