Jan 3, 2014, 1:54 AM EDT
As per Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the injury occurred in the first period, after Raffl took a hit along the boards from Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog. Panaccio also wrote that the hit appeared to be legal.
“It’s fine, not a penalty,” said Flyers’ head coach Craig Berube, who also ruled Raffl out of Philadelphia’s next game.
“It’s kind of a tough play. [Raffl's] head is against the glass already and the guy hit him. I don’t think it was a dirty hit at all.”
Raffl, 25, is in his first season with the Flyers and in the NHL. He has two goals and 11 points in 29 games.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)