Jan 3, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Things haven’t been great lately for the Calgary Flames, but they’ll get one of their top point producers on the blue line back against Tampa Bay tonight.
Dennis Wideman will be in the Flames lineup for the first time since he broke his hand on November 27. The puck-moving defenseman says he’s ready to help the team score some goals as Kristen Odland of the Calgary Herald shares.
“I think if we start throwing pucks to the net, then you start opening other things up and you’ll start to see (goals),” Wideman said. “It’s all kind of a cycle.”
Calgary’s offense is one of the worst in the league as they’ve scored 96 goals this season. Only the Buffalo Sabres have scored less than they have and when your team is in the same breath as the worst team in the league, that’s not so great.
In 24 games this season, Wideman has two goals and 12 points. Any kind of lift he can provide, they’ll take it.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20