Jan 3, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Things haven’t been great lately for the Calgary Flames, but they’ll get one of their top point producers on the blue line back against Tampa Bay tonight.
Dennis Wideman will be in the Flames lineup for the first time since he broke his hand on November 27. The puck-moving defenseman says he’s ready to help the team score some goals as Kristen Odland of the Calgary Herald shares.
“I think if we start throwing pucks to the net, then you start opening other things up and you’ll start to see (goals),” Wideman said. “It’s all kind of a cycle.”
Calgary’s offense is one of the worst in the league as they’ve scored 96 goals this season. Only the Buffalo Sabres have scored less than they have and when your team is in the same breath as the worst team in the league, that’s not so great.
In 24 games this season, Wideman has two goals and 12 points. Any kind of lift he can provide, they’ll take it.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9