Jan 3, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Eberle, 23, was hurt during Thursday’s 5-1 loss to San Jose after colliding with Sharks forward Logan Couture. While the injury will sideline him for tonight, it’s not believed to be serious and Eberle could be back in the lineup for Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay.
The former first-round pick has been extremely durable over the last few seasons, playing in every game this year and all 48 during last year’s lockout-shortened campaign. In 2011-12, Eberle only missed four games total.
Eberle has 12 goals and 33 points this season, second on the team behind Taylor Hall.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)