Jan 3, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Eberle, 23, was hurt during Thursday’s 5-1 loss to San Jose after colliding with Sharks forward Logan Couture. While the injury will sideline him for tonight, it’s not believed to be serious and Eberle could be back in the lineup for Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay.
The former first-round pick has been extremely durable over the last few seasons, playing in every game this year and all 48 during last year’s lockout-shortened campaign. In 2011-12, Eberle only missed four games total.
Eberle has 12 goals and 33 points this season, second on the team behind Taylor Hall.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)