Jan 3, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Eberle, 23, was hurt during Thursday’s 5-1 loss to San Jose after colliding with Sharks forward Logan Couture. While the injury will sideline him for tonight, it’s not believed to be serious and Eberle could be back in the lineup for Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay.
The former first-round pick has been extremely durable over the last few seasons, playing in every game this year and all 48 during last year’s lockout-shortened campaign. In 2011-12, Eberle only missed four games total.
Eberle has 12 goals and 33 points this season, second on the team behind Taylor Hall.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)