Jan 3, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Eberle, 23, was hurt during Thursday’s 5-1 loss to San Jose after colliding with Sharks forward Logan Couture. While the injury will sideline him for tonight, it’s not believed to be serious and Eberle could be back in the lineup for Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay.
The former first-round pick has been extremely durable over the last few seasons, playing in every game this year and all 48 during last year’s lockout-shortened campaign. In 2011-12, Eberle only missed four games total.
Eberle has 12 goals and 33 points this season, second on the team behind Taylor Hall.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 54
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)