Jan 3, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Cracknell, 28, has only appeared in 14 games for St. Louis this year, scoring two points while averaging 7:19 TOI per game. The former WHL Kootenay standout rose to prominence last postseason on the Blues’ CPR Line but failed to have a similar impact this season, as linemates Reaves and Chris Porter have been in and out of the lineup. (Porter was also put on waivers earlier this season.)
The Blues inked Cracknell to a one-year, $600,000 contract extension in May.
As for Reaves, the 26-year-old was activated on Thursday after missing 17 games with a broken hand. The tough guy suited up in yesterday’s 5-0 win over Los Angeles, playing 9:01 while dishing out four hits.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6