Jan 3, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Cracknell, 28, has only appeared in 14 games for St. Louis this year, scoring two points while averaging 7:19 TOI per game. The former WHL Kootenay standout rose to prominence last postseason on the Blues’ CPR Line but failed to have a similar impact this season, as linemates Reaves and Chris Porter have been in and out of the lineup. (Porter was also put on waivers earlier this season.)
The Blues inked Cracknell to a one-year, $600,000 contract extension in May.
As for Reaves, the 26-year-old was activated on Thursday after missing 17 games with a broken hand. The tough guy suited up in yesterday’s 5-0 win over Los Angeles, playing 9:01 while dishing out four hits.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63