Jan 3, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Cracknell, 28, has only appeared in 14 games for St. Louis this year, scoring two points while averaging 7:19 TOI per game. The former WHL Kootenay standout rose to prominence last postseason on the Blues’ CPR Line but failed to have a similar impact this season, as linemates Reaves and Chris Porter have been in and out of the lineup. (Porter was also put on waivers earlier this season.)
The Blues inked Cracknell to a one-year, $600,000 contract extension in May.
As for Reaves, the 26-year-old was activated on Thursday after missing 17 games with a broken hand. The tough guy suited up in yesterday’s 5-0 win over Los Angeles, playing 9:01 while dishing out four hits.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25