Jan 3, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Cracknell, 28, has only appeared in 14 games for St. Louis this year, scoring two points while averaging 7:19 TOI per game. The former WHL Kootenay standout rose to prominence last postseason on the Blues’ CPR Line but failed to have a similar impact this season, as linemates Reaves and Chris Porter have been in and out of the lineup. (Porter was also put on waivers earlier this season.)
The Blues inked Cracknell to a one-year, $600,000 contract extension in May.
As for Reaves, the 26-year-old was activated on Thursday after missing 17 games with a broken hand. The tough guy suited up in yesterday’s 5-0 win over Los Angeles, playing 9:01 while dishing out four hits.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2