Jan 3, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Cracknell, 28, has only appeared in 14 games for St. Louis this year, scoring two points while averaging 7:19 TOI per game. The former WHL Kootenay standout rose to prominence last postseason on the Blues’ CPR Line but failed to have a similar impact this season, as linemates Reaves and Chris Porter have been in and out of the lineup. (Porter was also put on waivers earlier this season.)
The Blues inked Cracknell to a one-year, $600,000 contract extension in May.
As for Reaves, the 26-year-old was activated on Thursday after missing 17 games with a broken hand. The tough guy suited up in yesterday’s 5-0 win over Los Angeles, playing 9:01 while dishing out four hits.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15