Jan 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues can never seem to escape questions about their goaltending.
Following their 5-0 blowout win against the Los Angeles Kings, the Blues sent down goalie Jake Allen. He was initially called up because Jaroslav Halak wasn’t feeling well and Brian Elliott needed a backup.
As Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares, Halak still isn’t feeling well.
“We just told Jaro it’s best to stay at home right now for a day or two until you feel cleared up,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “It comes and goes. He feels good for a couple of hours and then he doesn’t feel good. He’s at 70 percent — it’s not good enough to play and it’s not getting any better, so a couple of days away I think will really help him.”
In that case, Allen shouldn’t get too cozy back in Chicago with his AHL team as the Blues will play next on Saturday at home against Columbus.
Going through this rotation of goalies has been something they’ve had to do the past few seasons in St. Louis. While it used to be Ben Bishop who did the bus riding from the minors to the pros and back, now it’s Allen.
You’d have to imagine going through this routinely isn’t too high on Hitchcock’s list of things he enjoys while coaching a Stanley Cup contender.
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (89)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)