Jan 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues can never seem to escape questions about their goaltending.
Following their 5-0 blowout win against the Los Angeles Kings, the Blues sent down goalie Jake Allen. He was initially called up because Jaroslav Halak wasn’t feeling well and Brian Elliott needed a backup.
As Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares, Halak still isn’t feeling well.
“We just told Jaro it’s best to stay at home right now for a day or two until you feel cleared up,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “It comes and goes. He feels good for a couple of hours and then he doesn’t feel good. He’s at 70 percent — it’s not good enough to play and it’s not getting any better, so a couple of days away I think will really help him.”
In that case, Allen shouldn’t get too cozy back in Chicago with his AHL team as the Blues will play next on Saturday at home against Columbus.
Going through this rotation of goalies has been something they’ve had to do the past few seasons in St. Louis. While it used to be Ben Bishop who did the bus riding from the minors to the pros and back, now it’s Allen.
You’d have to imagine going through this routinely isn’t too high on Hitchcock’s list of things he enjoys while coaching a Stanley Cup contender.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)