Jan 3, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Leopold, 33, suffered ligament damage in his right hand on Nov. 7 versus Calgary and has been out ever since, missing 26 regular season contests while rehabbing the injury. Prior to getting hurt, he’d played in 13 games for the Blues and registered two assists with a plus-1 rating.
Earlier today, the Blues put forward Adam Cracknell on waivers, a move to clear up roster space as several injured Blues are slowly returning to health. Forward Ryan Reaves, who missed extensive time with a broken hand, was activated from IR on Thursday and played in St. Louis’ 5-0 win over Los Angeles last night.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39